Children rushed to hospital after blaze breaks out in Rugby home - The Rugby Observer

Children rushed to hospital after blaze breaks out in Rugby home

Rugby Editorial 15th Nov, 2018 Updated: 15th Nov, 2018   0

A CHILD suffered critical burns after a house in Rugby caught fire in the early hours of this morning (Thursday November 15).

A total of four people – three of them children – were injured in the blaze, which broke out at a house in Wentworth Road just before 3am.

Four ambulances and two paramedic officers arrived five minutes after the 999 call to find the house had already suffered ‘significant fire damage’.

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “One child had suffered very serious injuries. The ambulance crew rendezvoused with the MERIT trauma doctor at junction 2 of the M6. After further assessment and treatment, the doctor travelled with the crew to Birmingham Children’s Hospital with the boy.




“Two further children, a boy and a girl, were treated at the scene before being taken to the same hospital on blue lights – their injuries were less serious.

“A woman who had suffered serious injuries was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham on blue lights.”


Online Editions

Catch up on your local news by reading our e-editions on the Rugby Observer.

Announcements

Weddings, Birthdays, Bereavements, Thank you notices, Marriages and more.

Buy Photos

Buy photos online from the Rugby Observer newspaper.

Reader Travel

Check out all of the latest reader travel offers to get your hands on some free gifts.