FAMILY jewellery and personal documents were stolen after burglars broke into a house in Durrell Drive, Cawston on the morning of Friday (February 10).
Thieves forced their way in through the rear of the property and climbed through a window before taking a safe containing the valuables.
Police would like to hear from anyone who saw suspicious activity in the area during the morning. Call 101 and quote incident number 150 of February 10.
Warwickshire and West Mercia Police issued the following advice:
- Keep jewellery in a safe place and locked up – ideally in a safe which is fixed to the floor or wall. See www.securedbydesign.com for police-approved safes
- Ensure jewellery is insured
- Store high-value items elsewhere such as in a bank deposit box
- Make a list of all jewellery in your house
- Photograph jewellery against a plain background with a ruler
- Consider registering jewellery with a registration company
- Keep windows and doors locked, switch lights on when going out, use burglar alarms and install security lights
- If you are buying jewellery as a gift, don’t leave it or its packaging on display.
Visit www.warwickshire.police.uk/article/9502/Residential-Burglaries–Asian-Gold-Burglaries for more advice on home security.