Toys which could strangle children found on sale in Rugby - The Rugby Observer

Toys which could strangle children found on sale in Rugby

Andy Morris 12th Apr, 2019   0

DANGEROUS toys which could strangle or choke children were found on sale at a market stall in a Rugby shopping centre.

Warwickshire Trading Standards officers found a range of soft toys with blankets being sold for £10 on a stall in Rugby Central Shopping Centre during a safety inspection.

The toys failed safety standards as they contained detachable parts, had filling material which was easy to access, and featured a loop which did not break when tested – defects which present a choking and strangulation hazard to children.

Anyone who has bought the toys should stop children using them immediately, and return to the seller for a refund.




All of the toys have been voluntarily surrendered by the trader and investigations are continuing into the origin of the products.

Trading Standards officer Simon Cripwell said: “Warwickshire Trading Standards carries out regular checks on the safety of toys to help ensure that unsafe products are not sold and are quickly removed from sale.


“In this case, these toys were found to fail the toy safety standards and have since been removed from sale.”

Visit www.warwickshire.gov.uk/consumeradvice for consumer advice about the safety of toys.

Follow ‘WarksTSS’ on Twitter for the latest product recalls in the county.

Advertising

Advertise with the Rugby Observer to reach your audience

Business Directory

From plumbers, to restaurants, we can provide you with all the info you need.

Printing

We can provide all of your printing needs at competitive rates.

Announcements

Weddings, Birthdays, Bereavements, Thank you notices, Marriages and more.